This Visual Summary presents the keywords and the key summaries of the Wikipedia article about "Carbon". The Visual Summary map was automatically created by WikiSummarizer.
WikiSummarizer is a Web-based application that summarizes Wikipedia articles and provides Wikipedia Knowledge Base for comprehensive references, and as learning tool. The Wikipedia summaries can be exported to word editors, browsers, mind mapping applications, databases and content management systems.
Here is a link to the "Carbon" Visual Summary for navigation in your browser.
Wikipedia article: Carbon
· Carbon is one of the few elements known since antiquity.
· There are several allotropes of carbon of which the best known are graphite, diamond, and amorphous carbon.
· All carbon allotropes are solids under normal conditions with graphite being the most thermodynamically stable form.
· The most common oxidation state of carbon in inorganic compounds is +4, while +2 is found in carbon monoxide and other transition metal carbonyl complexes.
· The largest sources of inorganic carbon are limestones, dolomites and carbon dioxide, but significant quantities occur in organic deposits of coal, peat, oil and methane clathrates.
Posted by Henry | Comments Off