After discovery by Dutch explorers in 1606, Australia's eastern half was claimed by Britain in 1770 and initially settled through penal transportation to the colony of New South Wales, formally founded on 7 February 1788 (although formal possession of the land had occurred on 26 January 1788).
The Mindjet Player facilitates the navigation through the mind map. Just click on the "+" and "-" to expand and collapse the branches. You can also adjust the scale of the picture – zoom in and zoom out – by moving the slider.
– After discovery by Dutch explorers in 1606, Australia's eastern half was claimed by Britain in 1770 and initially settled through penal transportation to the colony of New South Wales, formally founded on 7 February 1788 (although formal possession of the land had occurred on 26 January 1788).
– Although it was not known as Australia Day until over a century later, records of celebrations on 26 January date back to 1808, with Governor Lachlan Macquarie having held the first official celebration of the formation of New South Wales in 1818.
– From 1973 on, the White Australia policy was for all practical purposes defunct, and in 1975 the Australian government passed the Racial Discrimination Act, which made racially-based selection criteria illegal.
– It is believed that the eastern coast of Australia reminded Captain James Cook of the coast of South Wales (especially the Vale of Glamorgan coast, which he knew), hence the name he gave to it, "New South Wales".
– Since the 1991 Gulf War, thousands of Iraqis have found refuge in Australia.
About Context Discovery Web Summarizer
Web Summarizer is a Web-based summarization engine that summarizes Web pages and documents in English, French, Spanish, and German. The summarization results are stored in any relational database. Report writers, including web-based ones, can be easily used for knowledge mining of the summaries, keywords and links. The search function works as a back-of-the-book index pointing to the most relevant summaries and links.
The keywords, summaries, and links are easily exported via XML to other applications such as Mindjet MindManager, Microsoft Word, etc. to generate instant mind maps and reports.
For more information about installing the Web Summarizer for your organization or as a cloud server please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IвЂ™m Henry Lewkowicz and IвЂ™m the CEO of Context Discovery Inc.
For long time I have been interested in the importance of context in understanding information. Intuitively we recognize the meaning of context when we say вЂњyou took my words out of contextвЂќ. This phrase vividly signifies how much we care about our intentions and point of view.
I believe that in the Internet age context plays a big role in rapid understanding of information. IвЂ™ll go on the record and say that in fact seeing information in context dramatically speeds understanding and simplifies application of information.
In this blog I hope to have a lively dialog with you on a range of subjects related to context, information overload, knowledge, learning and other fun topics. In the course of doing it I will be using our own application, Context Organizer, as an experiment in capturing in 1 sentence what bloggers and other writers publish. I hope that we all will have some fun with it and learn more about communicating.
Although this is primarily a technology and business blog, to great degree it's also my personal blog. From time to time, amongst the customary posts, I will write about issues that I passionately care about, my travels, and photos that I've taken. Periodically I refer to my family or friends, and sometimes you even see my vacation photos.
I hope to make lots of new friends and learn a great deal in the process. Life is too shortвЂ¦. Enjoy, and feel free to write to me.